St James Hotel
Best Rate Guaranteed
Score from 776 Review
Why book with GalaHotels.com ?
St James Hotel Information
This city hotel is located in Nottingham, close to the city centre. Shopping venues, nightclubs, bars, pubs and restaurants are to be found in the vicinity, as are links to the public transport network. Sights of interest such as Nottingham Castle, the caves, the Lace Market and the Court of Justice are also situated in the surroundings.||This popular hotel comprises a total of 87 rooms spread over 6 floors of which 29 are single rooms, 56 are double rooms and 2 are suites. Guests may make use of the foyer with 24-hour reception desk, a safe, a cloakroom, lift access and a cloakroom. An air-conditioned Ã la carte restaurant is also available for use. There is also a conference room and a public Internet terminal to be used within the hotel. Those arriving by car may make use of the hotel car park. Room and laundry services round off the facilities on offer.||The comfortable rooms come with an en suite bathroom with hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, radio, Internet access, tiling/carpeting and central heating.||Woods Bar and Restaurant, contemporary in design, offers a choice of dining options from light snacks to a varied bistro-style menu and an excellent wine list.||By Car: From Junction 24 follow the signs for the City Centre and the Castle, which take guests onto Maid Marian Way. At the crossroads turn left onto Friar Lane and as guests approach the front of the castle and follow the road round to the right, they will see the hotel main entrance on their right. By Car: From Junction 25 and 26 follow the signs for the City Centre and the Castle, which take guests onto Maid Marian Way. At the crossroads turn right onto Friar Lane and as guests approach the front of the castle and follow the road round to the right, they will see the hotel main entrance on their right.
- Exit at junction 24 of the M1 onto the A453 for Nottingham city centre. - On approaching the city centre, follow brown tourist signs for Nottingham Castle and Castle College signs. - On Maid Marian Way you will come to some crossroads (Martin & Co Lettings, Castle Sound and Vision are on the corners). Turn left onto Friar Lane as you approach the front of the castle. - Follow the road to the right and you will see the hotel's main entrance on your right.
From junctions 25 and 26 of the M1:
- Follow signs for the city centre and castle, which takes you onto Maid Marian Way. - At the crossroads (you will see Evans Cycles shop and Tales of Robin Hood on your right) turn right onto Friar Lane.
- As you approach the front of the castle, follow the road round to the right and you will see the hotel main entrance on your right.
All the bedrooms in the hotel are of a good standard as are the bathrooms. All are quite spacious and set in traditional design. All have the facilities one would expect of a hotel this standard.
A grand marbled entrance and reception hall surrounded by extensive and comfortable lounge areas.
St James Hotel Exterior
Attractive Brick Hotel, formerly a warehouse, which has kept many of its original features. Hotel also has it's own Car Park.
St James Hotel Area
32 kms to the airport (east midlands);52 kms to the airport (birmingham);1 km to the nearest station (nottingham);-1 km to the nearest fair site (?)
The grand marbled entrance and reception hall are surrounded by extensive and comfortable lounge areas in which guests can enjoy a variety of refreshments or simply relax whilst reading the papers. Woods Restaurant is located within the hotel; the menu has been selected to provide a wide range of choices to suit every taste and appetite. The ingredients are sourced from the highest quality suppliers and local produce is used wherever possible. All the desserts are home made. Friendly and personal service compliments not only the food, but the extensive list of carefully chosen and affordable wines.
The Woods Bar is adjacent to the restaurant and offers all that you would expect from a stylish venue – from an exciting cocktail to a simple espresso. Light bites are available from 11:30 until 22:00 daily. Breakfast is served from 07:00 until 09:30. Lunch is served from 11:00 until 15:00. Dinner is served from 18:00 until 21:30.
St James Hotel Amenities
- wifi wifi-free
- local_bar bar
- card_travel luggage room
- people meeting room
- room_service Room Service
- phone telephone
- restaurant_menu restaurant
- local_cafe tea/coffee making facilitiesbell boy service
- local_laundry_service laundry
- local_library library/reading room
- video_call conference