Maria Cristina Hotel
Best Rate Guaranteed
Score from 1882 Review
Why book with GalaHotels.com ?
Maria Cristina Hotel Information
Named to Conde Nast Travelers 2005 and 2006 Gold Lists, our hotel boasts Belle Epoque luxury and the most attentive service. Since our doors first opened in 1912, we have played host to many distinguished guests while also becoming the headquarters for the International Festival of Cinema of San Sebastian. An emblematic place for a unique occasion. The elegant halls and function rooms, reputed gastronomy, and attentive service of Hotel Maria Cristina are appreciated details that will ensure the success of every event.Location:This beautiful location is situated between the beaches of La Concha and La Zurriola and in front of the Urumea River and the Victoria Eugenia Theatre.Area details:With one of the world's most unique and celebrated addresses, our spectacular setting lends itself to rich and memorable travel experiences.Recreation:San Sebastian???s waterfront beauty is accented by classic Basque cuisine and creative seasonal dishes at Easo Restaurant, one of the city???s finest restaurants. Fresh indigenous products combine with window-lit octagonal dining venues to create an atmosphere of classic elegance.Rooms:Retreat to a space that is spacious, elegant, and filled with opulence. Individual design traits pay homage to our surroundings - a unique opportunity for those wishing to truly experience our culture.All of our guest rooms are decorated in the classic style of Imperio and Queen Ana. Fine furnishings, beautiful marble, exquisite lighting, and extravagant rugs complement the historical setting. In most rooms you may open the window and discover views of the sea and the Urumea River.
- Take the A63 motorway and follow the exit signs for Centro Erdia.
- After the Maria Cristina Bridge, turn left and follow the blue/white hotel signs.
From Bilbao Airport:
- Take the E70 (A8) motorway straight to San Sebastian. - Take exit 7 and go along the riverside. - Turn left after the Maria Cristina bridge, following the blue/yellow hotel signs.
- Take the A1 motorway to San Sebastian. - Take exit N7 and go along the riverside.
- Turn left after the Maria Cristina Bridge and follow the blue/yellow hotel signs.
- Take the N130 to the San Sebastian exit N7.
- Go along the riverside, turn left after the Maria Cristina bridge and follow the blue/yellow hotel signs.
With all the rooms perfectly equipped for your comfort, our 108 rooms and 28 suites are decorated in the classic style of the Empire and Reina Ana, reminding us of the years of the Belle Epoque. Fine furniture, beautiful marbles, exquisite lights and luxurious carpets complement the historical environment. Individual design traits pay homage to our surroundings - a unique opportunity for those wishing to truly experience our culture.
Both lobby and reception areas are large and traditional with lovely white marbled floors and reception desk, lovely antique furniture on display, fine Persian carpets, large crystal chandeliers, marbled columns with gold trimmings and many other features that make this hotel a true palace.
Maria Cristina Hotel Exterior
A magnificent and beautiful building displaying all the belle ?©poque is evoked in this luxurious hotel with sand stone facade, traditional architecture and impressive balconies and gardens.
Maria Cristina Hotel Area
In front of Victoria Eugenia theatre and with views of the Cantabrian Sea and the Urumea River, the hotel is surrounded by beautiful gardens and strolls that make this place an oasis of calm. A few steps away, is the most elegant shopping area of the city and a bit further, the Old Quarter, with its bars of ‘Pintxos’, and the huge beaches.
Is another incredible feature. High ceiling with lovely white cameos with golden edges, gold plaster work over walls, fine high art nouveau chandeliers. The menu offered is traditional Basque and international with a fine selection of wines and spirits.
Maria Cristina Hotel Amenities
- wifi wifi-free
- local_bar bar
- account_balance business centre
- child_friendly baby sitting
- card_travel porter
- local_bar mini bar
- card_travel luggage room
- people meeting room
- fitness_center fitness center
- room_service Room Service
- phone telephone
- restaurant_menu restaurant
- pets pets admitted - on request
- local_laundry_service laundry
- local_library library/reading room
- video_call conference