Best Rate Guaranteed
Score from 3 Review
Why book with GalaHotels.com ?
Granvia Hotel Information
The Granvía Hotel building was built in 1870 by master architect Jerónimo Gralls, and was originally designed as a palace for the Serra-Chopitea family. In 1935, it was converted into a hotel.Today it is still home to important 19th century works of art previously owned by Doña Dorotea Chopitea, a patron of Salesian works in Barcelona. Among the sites that have been maintained are the Salón Gran Vía, the Salón Don Bosco, la Capilla, the room of Doña Dorotea and the entire Principal Gallery, with its arcades and columns. Its beautiful, original walls have appeared in numerous films, and have been the focus of countless reports, interviews and official presentations.Located in the city centre, the hotel is right beside Plaza Catalunya and Paseo de Gracia, two of the major architectural landmarks of the city. Famous and original structures such as the Pedrera, Casa Batlló, Palau Robert, Casa Fargas and Casa Ametller all stand majestically along this distinguished avenue.The privileged location of the Granvía Hotel allows its guests to get around the city easily on public transport. Buses, metro, regional trains, night buses, tour buses, and taxi stands are all easily accessible from the hotel.Discover the feeling of living in another age, and with the pleasure and comfort of professional services in this historic palace-hotel. In addition to the facilities already mentioned, each room includes individual decor with intriguing period touches alluding to the building’s historic past. Each has a marble floor and a bathroom with a full bath.
How to get to the Hotel from the Airport:
• Taxis: There are easy to identify, by the yellow and black colour.
The ride to the city centre varies according to the traffic, usually No more than 20 minutes.
• Aerobus: There is a service of buses to B-city centre (Plaza Catalunya), 100 metres to the Hotel. These buses (blue colour) stop in front each terminal.
• Train: This service is well indicated, at each terminal with services to Barcelona-Sants (Central Station), ever 30 minutes.
From Barcelona-Sants take the underground (Line 3, Green Line) to Plaza De Catalunya, 2 minutes to the Hotel.
• By Car: Take the main road (C•31) Autovia de Castelldefels, direction Barcelona, straight on to the city centre, till the crossing with Passeig de Gracia (easy to identify, by the big fountain) after the fountain get the lateral lane (the Hotel is located 50 metres further away)
How to get the Hotel from the north (France):
• Entrance by the Ronda de Dalt -Exit 28- Gran Via/Pl. Glorias.
Until Passeig de Gracia (Turning round the fountain) and getting the lateral, 50
metres off the fountain is the Hotel.
How to get the Hotel from the South (Madrid/Valencia):
• Through the Diagonal Avenue (Central Lanes)m straight on to Passeig de Gracia, turn down Passeig de Gracia, thill the crossing with Gran Via Corts Catalanes (fountain) then turn left and get the lateral lanes to the Hotel.
In addition to the facilities already mentioned, each room includes individual decor with intriguing period touches alluding to the building’s historic past. Each has a marble floor and a bathroom with a full bath.
Granvia Hotel Area
The hotel is located in the city centre, 200 metres from La Rambla. The Gothic Quarter is a 10-minute walk away. The main coach station is 2 km away and the train station 2.5 km from the hotel.
Granvia Hotel Amenities
- wifi wifi-free
- local_bar bar
- account_balance business centre
- local_bar mini bar
- card_travel luggage room
- phone telephone
- restaurant_menu restaurant
- local_laundry_service laundry
Granvia Hotel Taxes & Fees
Please note that a compulsory city tax is required to be paid by the GUESTS on top of B&A’s contracted rates on all booked hotel accommodation in Barcelona, Spain. The fees are as follows: - € 2.50 PER PERSON PER NIGHT for stays in 5 star hotels (charged up to 7 nights) - € 1.25 PER PERSON PER NIGHT for stays in 4 star hotels (charged up to 7 nights) - € 0.75 PER PERSON PER NIGHT for stays in 3, 2 and 1 star hotels (charged up to 7 nights) Children under 16 years of age will be exempt from paying this tax. Please note: This tax is to be paid by the GUESTS directly at the hotel before the end of the stay.