Palais Royale Katoomba Hotel230 Katoomba Street, New South Wales Blue Mountains / Australia mapView Map
Best Rate Guaranteed
- Very Good
Score from 191 Review
Why book with GalaHotels.com ?
Palais Royale Katoomba Hotel Information
Originally 2 separate cottages named Glen Eric and Hillside, the history of the Palais Royale begins with their construction by Mr Spear in 1896. In 1900 The Sisters of Charity took possession of Glen Eric for use as St Canices convent. Then in 1905 it became Mount St Marys College, a school for young ladies. To deal with increasing enrolments of day students and boarders both cottages were joined together. The propertys history as an accommodation venue for the general public had commenced by 1912 when Glen Eric was operating as a guesthouse. Two years later in 1914 both cottages were again joined to become the Hillside guesthouse. A Miss Nichol was the proprietor and when she moved she took the name Hillside with her.